** Warning, this is one of my FAVORITE foods, but takes a very long time to prepare and cook!**
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/3 c butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoonblack pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 c flour
1/2 c dry bread crumbs
2 c vegetable oil
1) Place each chicken breast between a sheet of wax paper and pound, using the flat side of a mallet or a rolling pin, til its about 1/8 inch in thickness. Wrap and refrigerate.
2) In a small bowl combine softened butter, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp garlic powder. Mix well. Spread mixture into 2x4'' rectangle on a piece of aluminum foil, freeze until firm.
3) When butter is firm, cut it into 6 equal size pieces and place on each chicken breast. Fold in edges of chicken and roll to encase butter completely. Secure with toothpicks.
4) In a small bowl beat eggs with water. In a shallow bowl mix 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, dill weed and flour. Place bread crumbs in yet another seperate dish. Dip chicken rolls in seasoned flour, then egg mixture, then crumbs. Place coated chicken in a shallow dish, cover, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
5) Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot fry chicken rolls for about 5 minutes, then flip for another 5 minutes. Place on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Serve while hot! (usually takes 1 and 1/2 hours to make)
McFadden, June 2018
6 days ago